Dear Colleagues & Partners,
The Faculty of Education and Psychology (FEP) at Universidade Católica Portuguesa in Porto (Portugal) opens the doors to you and your colleagues to join us for the annual FEP International Week. In 2022, our international week will take place from 28th March to 1st April, and our motto for this year is “Thriving Global Academic Cultures”.
Internationalization reaches the heart of the FEP agenda and is present in every component of its activities, from teaching and research to social responsibility, enrolling students, staff, and faculties. We believe the commitment to integrate an international and intercultural mindset goes beyond the boundaries of our campuses and has the potential to mutually benefit all stakeholders and partner institutions to empower them to act in an interconnected global community. However, internationalization is plenty of challenges and complexities that require specific agreements, interrelatedness (dependencies) of intended, appropriate strategic practices, and commitment at all relevant levels.
The reaction to the global pandemic crisis provides us with both opportunities and challenges like none before. But now it is time to focus again on meeting face-to-face and discuss how our institutions can collaborate in:
- International curriculum development;
- Development of new academic consortiums, networking, bilateral and multilateral activities;
- Teaching and learning innovation processes;
- Teaching and research collaborations;
- student-faculty-staff exchanges and capacitation;
- support services;
- & much more.
For this, your presence and contribution are essential.
- Are motivated to learn more in Enhancing Learning and Teaching in Universities through Internationalization.
- Are interested in developing internationalization strategies and policies in universities.
- Believe HEI must promote international studies and international mentality to students-faculties-staff.
- Are implicated in drawing a roadmap for future direction for the internationalization in higher education.
- Have the purpose to enhance and intensify the international collaboration with FEP-UCP.
- Consider expanding your individual international collaboration network and want to meet up with our friendly FEP staff and international advisors to explore possibilities of partnerships and cooperation.
- Have students considering studying at FEP.
- Want to join discussions about how promoting international mentality to students, faculty, and staff.
- Intend to share your teaching and research experience with us.
If you cannot come to Porto this time, we would be pleased if you pass on this message to your institution and colleagues to encourage them to come and visit us at the end of March.
|FEP International Week 2022 Program
Free day to visit Porto
Maria Giuseppina Bartolo
Visit to the Serralves Museum of Contemporary Art