Dear Colleagues & Partners,
The Faculty of Education and Psychology at Universidade Católica Portuguesa (FEP-UCP) in Porto (Portugal) opens the doors to you and your colleagues to join us for the FEP-UCP Fall International Week 2022, which will take place from 24th to 28th October, with the focus on “New Routes to Global Engagement.”
Internationalization reaches the heart of the FEP-UCP agenda and is present in every component of its activities, from teaching and research to social responsibility, enrolling students, staff, and faculties. We believe the commitment to integrate an international and intercultural mindset goes beyond the boundaries of our campuses and has the potential to benefit all stakeholders and partner institutions mutually. It’s our commitment to act in an interconnected global community. However, internationalization is plenty of challenges and complexities that require specific agreements, interrelatedness, appropriate strategic practices, and a massive commitment at all relevant levels.
For this, your presence and contribution are essential.
- Are committed to Enhance Learning, Teaching, Research & Collaboration in Universities through Internationalization.
- Are interested in developing internationalization strategies and policies in universities.
- Believe HEI must promote international studies and international mentality to students-faculties-staff.
- Are implicated in drawing a roadmap for future direction for the internationalization in higher education.
- Have the purpose of enhancing and intensifying the international collaboration with FEP-UCP.
- Consider expanding your individual international collaboration network and want to meet up with our friendly FEP staff and international advisors to explore possibilities of partnerships and cooperation.
- Have students considering to study at FEP.
- Want to join discussions about how to promote an international mentality to students, managers, faculty, staff, and any other agent of internationalization within the higher education system.
- Intend to share your teaching and research experience with us.
We anticipate wonderful speakers, fruitful discussion about the challenges in ensuring the ongoing internationalization of higher education, great networking filled with international accents, and a wide range of other activities.
If you cannot come to Porto this time, we would be pleased if you pass on this message to your institution and colleagues to encourage them to come and visit us at the end of October 2022.
FEP-UCP Head of Internationalization
Prof. Patrícia Oliveira-Silva | firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not from a European Union member, please check entry to Portugal from your country HERE.
- Application period begins: August 30, 2022
- Application deadline: September 25, 2022
- FEP-UCP Fall International Week: October 24 - 28, 2022 (Monday to Friday)
- Multicultural Dinner: October 27, 2022 (Thursday)
FEP-UCP INTERNATIONAL WEEK PLANNING COMMITTEE:
Patrícia Oliveira-Silva (Head of Internationalization): email@example.com
Francisco Mendes Palma (UCP Director Global Engagement): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee Members
Marisa Costa (CEDH-FEP | UCP-Porto): email@example.com
Joana Xavier (UCP-Porto International Office): firstname.lastname@example.org
For one week every term, the FEP-UCP hosts an International Week, which creates a global community with a wide range of events for our partners around the world to celebrate and recognize the importance of global education and exchange at all levels of the higher education system.
In March, you can join us for our Spring International Week, but in October, our doors will again be open for our Fall International Week.
As the interest and commitment to cross-cultural/international partnership and understanding have grown, more partners from different countries have participated.
Last Spring FEP-UCP International Week 2022 - Our previous 5-day Spring International Week 2022 was a full and varied event, with many webinars, outstanding presentations, a variety of individual meetings and new collaborations, as well as much discussion about how to promote values of cooperation, non-discrimination, diversity, cultural understanding, and to create value for society.