OBJECTIVES | PROGRAMME | REGISTRATION | HISTORY
Dear Colleagues & Partners,
The Faculty of Education and Psychology at Universidade Católica Portuguesa (FEP-UCP) in Porto (Portugal) opens the doors to you and your colleagues to join us for the FEP-UCP Spring International Week 2023, which will take place from 27th to 31st March, with the focus on “New Routes to Global Engagement – Part II.”
Internationalization reaches the heart of the FEP-UCP agenda and is present in every component of its activities, from teaching and research to social responsibility, enrolling students, staff, and faculties. We believe the commitment to integrate an international and intercultural mindset goes beyond the boundaries of our campuses and has the potential to benefit all stakeholders and partner institutions mutually. It’s our commitment to act in an interconnected global community. However, internationalization is plenty of challenges and complexities that require specific agreements, interrelatedness, appropriate strategic practices, and a massive commitment at all relevant levels.
For this, your presence and contribution are essential.
This event is not to be missed if YOU:
- Are committed to Enhance Learning, Teaching, Research & Collaboration in Universities through Internationalization.
- Are interested in developing internationalization strategies and policies in universities.
- Believe HEI must promote international studies and international mentality to students-faculties-staff.
- Are implicated in drawing a roadmap for future direction for the internationalization in higher education.
- Have the purpose of enhancing and intensifying the international collaboration with FEP-UCP.
- Consider expanding your individual international collaboration network and want to meet up with our friendly FEP staff and international advisors to explore possibilities of partnerships and cooperation.
- Have students considering to study at FEP.
- Want to join discussions about how to promote an international mentality to students, managers, faculty, staff, and any other agent of internationalization within the higher education system.
- Intend to share your teaching and research experience with us.
We anticipate wonderful speakers, fruitful discussion about the challenges in ensuring the ongoing internationalization of higher education, great networking filled with international accents, and a wide range of other activities.
If you cannot come to Porto this time, we would be pleased if you pass on this message to your institution and colleagues to encourage them to come and visit us at the end of March 2023.
27th March | 2:00 pm - Room Porsche
28th March | 9:30 am - Room Porto
FEP-UCP Head of Internationalization
Prof. Patrícia Oliveira-Silva | firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not from a European Union member, please check entry to Portugal from your country HERE.
- Application period begins on January 21st, 2023
- Application deadline: March 20th, 2023
- FEP-UCP Spring International Week: 27th – 31st March 2023 (Monday to Friday)
- Multicultural Dinner: March 30th 2023 (Thursday)
FEP-UCP INTERNATIONAL WEEK PLANNING COMMITTEE:
Patrícia Oliveira-Silva (Head of Internationalization): email@example.com
Francisco Mendes Palma (UCP Director Global Engagement): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee Members
Carmo Campelo (UCP-Porto): email@example.com
Joana Xavier (UCP-Porto International Office): firstname.lastname@example.org
HISTORY OF THE FEP-UCP INTERNATIONAL WEEK
Last FEP-UCP Fall International Week 2023: Our previous five-day Fall International Week 2023 received colleagues from eight different countries: Bulgaria, Italy, Lithuania, Pakistan, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, and the USA. We had more than 30 presentations, the presence of the Portuguese Secretary of State for Internationalization (Dr. Bernardo Cruz), the enrollment of more than 200 of our students who had classes and other events with our international partners, speed networking with colleagues from the UCP, and many social events.
For one week every term, the FEP-UCP hosts an International Week, which creates a global community with a wide range of events for our partners around the world to celebrate and recognize the importance of global education and exchange at all levels of the higher education system.
In March, you can join us for our Spring International Week, but in October, our doors will again be open for our Fall International Week.
As the interest and commitment to cross-cultural/international partnership and understanding have grown, more partners from different countries have participated.
FEP-UCP Spring International Week 2022 - Our previous 5-day Spring International Week 2022 was a full and varied event, with many webinars, outstanding presentations, a variety of individual meetings and new collaborations, as well as much discussion about how to promote values of cooperation, non-discrimination, diversity, cultural understanding, and to create value for society.