In Portugal, the psychological profession, as determined by the Order of Portuguese Psychologists, demands that psychologists have two degrees in Psychology (Bachelor's and Master's) and have completed a Professional Internship.
In our Department of Education and Psychology, we offer everything possible to foster success by the conclusion of the necessary programs to practice professionally as a psychologist, providing the best support to ensure a strong foundation for your professional career. We guarantee a wide range of Curricular Internship options with our partners, including opportunities for International Internships at the end of the Master's Programs. Also, we are a university accredited by the Order of Portuguese Psychologists for the reception of Professional Internships.
- General care hospitals / specialized facilities
- Primary care centers (Health care centers)
- IPSS (Private Institutions of Social Solidarity in support of serious mental illness, degenerative diseases and cronic illnesses)
- Community projects (Universal prevention and psycho-social support in vulnerable populations)
- Social support for minors and at risk families
- Support for the elderly
- Support for people living with disabilities
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Sports clubs
- Private medicine / practice
- Speicalized technical consulting
- Teaching and scientific research
Data from the employee employability survey
The employability of graduates is monitored through an annual internal survey, applied to previous graduating classes.
The following data was collected in 2021 and gives data about those who graduated from our department three years prior (2017-2018):
- 96% of the 2017-2018 graduates are employed
- 70% of the 2017-2018 graduates work in their area of study
- 74% of the 2017-2018 gradutates ar e contracted workers in their area of training
- On a scale of 1 to 6, 2019-2020 graduates experienced an average satisfaction score of 5.5