The Scientific Council of the School of Education and Psychology is the coordinating body of the FEP’s scientific activities.
Among the main areas of the Scientific Council, the following are of note:
- Crafting and proposing changes to regulations
- Drafting proposals and spreading statements about the organization of the plans of study
- Promoting the development of the FEP’s scientific activities
- Proposing the opening of contests for the recruitment and the promotion of teaching staff and the relevant juries / boards
- Deciding on the admission of candidates into the doctoral program / (alternate translation: Determining the completion of a doctoral candidates’ program and successful thesis defense)
- Proposing the composition of the academic examination board
FEP-UCP’s Scientific Council consists of the Dean of FEP, who presides over the Scientific Council and Associate Professors, Assistant Professors and Professors.
President: Raquel Matos